From day 1
For instance, when staff join the company, a large part of their induction is about our environmental policy and how we manage waste. Afterall, Sustainability is at the heart of our business and our principals are as follows:
Being an organisation committed to employee satisfaction. From the most senior levels of management we display fairness and equality in all employee relations, having zero tolerance for any type of discrimination. Our work place is health and safety compliant and employees are actively encouraged to provide input and participate.
Environmental awareness being prevalent in our corporate culture. As such, we are proud to say that we achieve ‘zero waste’, as nothing we produce goes to landfill. Additionally, we recruit locally so everyone can either walk or cycle to work.
Community contribution. We actively contribute towards making our local community a better place to live and do business. As such we have several initiatives in place. These include:
- Sourcing materials and supplies locally, supporting local businesses and reducing our carbon footprint.
- Volunteering our time and financially supporting local charities.
- Providing work experience and apprenticeship opportunities for people who would otherwise struggle to find employment.
Influencing others. We lead by example and share knowledge of our activities with our clients, candidates, suppliers, partners, employees and community at large. We actively encourage others to improve their own sustainability performance as we all share the same planet and have an equal responsibility to look after it. Afterall, creating a sustainable future is a key component of our philosophy and company values.
Touching the lives of many
While other recruitment companies feel satisfied with planting a tree for every placement they make, at Green Recruitment Solutions we go a lot further.
Stemming from our genuine desire to make the world a better place, we involve ourselves in real projects, taking a huge amount of satisfaction from knowing that we are having a real impact on our local community, the environment and also making a difference to the lives of many across the world.
For instance, we involve ourselves in humanitarian projects internationally. These include providing food, water, shelter, education and healthcare to some of the poorest and disaster afflicted places on earth. Examples include:
- Contributing towards the construction of a hospital in Africa, which will provide free healthcare to patients with AIDS.
- Having an ongoing donation to Cancer Research.
- Sending food aid and medical supplies to the victims of war and natural disasters.
- Sponsoring several orphans in third world countries.
- Construction of clean water facilities and housing projects for displaced refugees.
At Green Recruitment Solutions, we feel good about what we do. Furthermore, our clients feel great knowing that the money they spend with us is not being wasted on funding the luxury lifestyles of recruiters but in contrast, it is money being well spent on good causes.