Green Recruitment Solutions are seeking to appoint a multi-talented Design and Lifecycle Manager, for this leading UK Solar PV company; whom specialists in EPC and O&M. The perfect candidate will become part of the clients, ‘Technical Team’ and provide quality technical support across all areas of the global organisation and business activities.
As Design and Lifecycle Manager your role will be the main point of contact for any technical queries from the company. Therefore, the ideal candidate should expect:
- Interaction and responsibilities, including regular requirement for out of hours’ work; which will see you out, and attending, regular site visits
- To contribute to, and support, all areas of Technical Team; including adhoc requirements; especially, during busy times of escalation
Management responsibilities will fall under two distinct categories; managerial oversight of the ‘Design Team’, as well as, managerial oversight of the ‘Lifecycle Team':
- Overall Management of the Design Team which encompasses oversight of:
- The Design Team as they implement large scale PV Plants design procedures and define and evaluate specifications for compliance; with safe and efficient operation.
- The Technical Support, which is given for all in-house departments, departments who are responsible for bringing on board new (EPC) contractors.
- The ideal candidate will also keep the relevant technical appendices, documentation and systems up to date, and in alignment, with the contract. Moreover, as the client is globally reaching this will include international contractual review.
- Ensure industry design codes and standards are evaluated and applied.
- Use experience to seek and prevent any potential risks/issues, providing optimal options resolutions or workable solutions.
- Responsible for bringing on board new EPC contractors, which requires diligently assessing both new, historic, and now international, EPC contractors; based on their Quality standards and experience.
- Interface with various third parties such as TAs, EPCs, ICPs and others; as required.
- Support technical supplier evaluation, providing the project company (EPCS) with proposed maintenance contracting arrangements.
- Overall Management of the Lifecycle Team which encompasses oversight of:
- The Lifecycle Team as they go about enhancing on-site Quality Assurance. Therefore, the team, and ultimately the candidate for this role, will be responsible for generation of punchlists during construction and annual inspections of Solar Assets/Portfolio(s).
- This team, and subsequently your role, is integral to the company’s reputation and reliability. This is due to the company’s involvement, throughout construction and operation of our PV systems, and its central position within the organisation. As such, the Lifecycle Team has a helicopter view of quality, defects and systemic failures affecting sites.
- The ideal candidate will work with the team to aim to feed this experience back internally and externally by means of training, guidelines and procedure
- Perform Technical team site visits and manage, on a day to day basis, the Technical Lifecycle personnel and internal systems
- Management of technical aspect and issues during construction monitoring and throughout the projects’ lifecycle.
- Review and generation of Inspection Reports
- Support PMs during Construction period, Work Completion and PAC
- Provide first level contact for Technical team with Asset Management and O&M
- Support, review, recommend and, ultimately, approve cost estimates on both products and EPCs.
- BSc degree or higher
- Ideally in Electrical Engineering, Civil/Building Engineering or Renewable Energy
- 5 + years industrial employment in renewable energy generation and Engineering experience of industrial scale PV plants.
- PVSYST and MS Office advanced Excel user.
- Familiarity with EPC contracting and negotiation.
- Knowledge of Industrial scale PV plant design, both electrical and structural
- Detailed knowledge of PV plant performance parameters such as PR and familiarity with recognized performance testing procedures
- Detailed knowledge of PV plant construction and operational issues
- Familiarity with key PV plant components.
- Ideally experience with plant connection to the Grid; at both design and operational level.
- Develop tools, coach and support non-technical personnel within organisation.
- Outstanding communications skills able to manage interaction with internal and external interfaces.
- Commitment to match the working ethos, and required hours, of technical and delivery team.
- Confidence to maintain integrity and justification of the company’s Technical viewpoints; especially when placed under both internal and external pressure.
- Availability to travel and work from both London and Bath Offices as required, occasional foreign travel.
- Fluent English spoken and written.
- Full EU driving license