Green Recruitment Solutions are seeking to appoint a professional Shift Team Leader, for one of the UKs leading Energy from Waste companies. As the successful applicant, and subsequently appointed Shift Team Leader, you will be expected to supervise and provide direction to the Shift Team' at the clients site.
- Therefore, you will be expected to plan, implement and monitor systems and processes through good practice to maximise the process and ensuring health, safety and environmental compliance on a 24 hour shift system.
- As Shift Team Leader, you will be the Senior Authorised Person (SAP) managing, and complying with all Safe Systems of Work; including overseeing subcontractor’s activities on site.
- However, you will also work as part of a team within the Maintenance Department, when required, carrying out maintenance activities as required; to ensure plant availability is optimal. You will also, prioritise workloads to ensure maximum process efficiency; which in turn will maximise waste input and energy output.
- Supervising the shift teams, ensuring complete, and efficient, operation and maintenance on site by:
- Managing the daily meetings to ensure priorities have been established for EHS, overnight work and plant defects,
- Plan and mediate regular team meetings (or briefings) to ensuring good ongoing communications.
- Promote flexible team working by creating an environment, and the resources, which will enable the team to identify issues and create innovative solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Ensure strong rapport with colleagues, and visitors, as well as, effective communication across the entire site.
- Ensure all visitors and contractors to site are inducted in the site safety and emergency procedures.
- Ensuring adequate shift personnel levels are maintained; including:
- Organising shift cover when required.
- Providing flexible working requirements to achieve KPI’s.
- Carry out return to work discussions with team member returning from sickness.
- Being flexible in carrying out additional, adhoc, site duties; identified from time to time, to ensure objectives are met.
- Ensure that all activities on site are carried out in a safe manner, in line with policies, ensuring that all Health, Safety and Environmental statutory requirements are met. This includes, ensuring the plant is within the Environmental permit at all times.
- Working with the management team, carry out risk assessments to ensure activities are carried out in a safe manner, striving for continual improvement in minimising health, safety and environmental impacts on site.
- Routinely test site emergency safety and environmental procedures and recording information as required, followed by, completing any incident reports; carrying out follow-up investigations
- Respond and act on any internal or external issues, concerns or complaints, and respond in a prompt, courteous and professional manner in accordance with procedures.
- Participate in continual personal development (CPD) within the organisation to achieve improved performance.
Whilst training and CPD will be provided in many areas, the ideal candidate will have experience of the majority of the below:
- Have at minimum two years’ process or power plant experience
- Possess Engineering qualifications preferably ONC / HNC (or equivalent).
- Experience as Senior Authorised Person (SAP) with Mechanical, HV & LV electrical safety.
- Possess safety qualification preferable IOSH or NEBOSH
- Experience in safe systems of work, issuing ‘Permits To Work’ and ‘Safety Documents’.
- Be computer literate
- Experience with Computerised Maintenance Management Systems
- Have a good understand of environmental health & safety within a process or power industry.
- A good understanding of environmental IPPC authorisation.
- Excellent communicational skills are required at all levels; both verbally and written, with specific emphasis on:
- An ability to carry out team briefings, participate in detailed shift handovers and write concise reports.
- Experience with co-ordinating and supervising work activities including shift personnel and contractors.
- Must be able to demonstrate good organisational skills.
- Have a willingness to operate flexibly over a wide range of work areas.
- Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently.